Solid-State Relay I/O Interface ( Dimensions,
5.1" X 2.8 X 1.0" )
The ADU218 USB Solid-State Relay I/O Interface allows control
of 8 SSR outputs, 8 contact or TTL inputs, and 8 event counters via a USB port.
The ADU218 can effectively convert a standard PC to a powerful PLC (
programmable logic controller ). High quality PhotoMOS solid-state relays switch AC or DC
loads. This low-cost serial relay contact interface is easy to use with VB, VB.NET,
and Visual C++ via standard HID drivers included with Windows 98,2000,XP. A
mini-driver ( DLL )* is also provided allowing control using standard ASCII commands using
familiar readfile , writefile commands. The ADU218 includes a 10' USB cable and is
available as a PCB or in an enclosure with several mounting options.
Click here to downoad ADU218 USER
MANAUAL in PDF Format ( 700K)
* View AduHid.dll on-line software develoment kit ( SDK ) on
our Programming page.
Key Benefits, ADU218 USB Relay I/O Interface
- Provides a standard PC with PLC ( programmable logic controller )
- Low-cost .
- Bus Powered, No external power supply required.
- 8, N. O. SSR outputs rated 1.0A @ 120VAC, 1.0A @ 120VDC
- CSA/UL Approved, CE Marked
- High quality PhotoMOS relays switch AC or DC loads.
- 8 Digital inputs suitable for contact or TTL Input , also
accept up to 24VDC
- Inputs feature optical isolation to 3500V ( 500V channel to channel )
- Programmable watchdog functions.
- Bi-colour LED status indicator.
- Self-resetting, fused 5V output
- High quality cage-clamp type terminal blocks.
- Uses standard HID drivers included with Windows 98SE,2000,XP
- Mini-driver ( DLL ) provided for use with VB,VC, LabVIEW and
- Programming examples and sample code included for VB, VB.NET, Visual
- Eight, 16-bit event counters
- Programmable debounce setting for event counters.
- No power supply required.
- Meets IEC61000-4-2 ESD protection for USB port.
- Available in enclosure or as PCB only.
Specifications, ADU218 USB Relay I/O
||NONE ( Bus Powered )
|Supply Current ( Relays De-energized )
Supply Current ( All Relays Energized )
|12mA Typical 15mA Max
85mA Typical 95mA Max
|SSR Outputs ( 8)
||PhotoMOS - Normally Open
||1.0 Amps @ 120VAC MAX
||1.0 Amps @ 120VDC MAX
|Digital Inputs (8) ( TTL or
Contact Input )
|Vin HIGH ( MAX )
|Vin HIGH ( MIN )
|Vin LOW ( MAX )
|Vin LOW ( MIN )
|Event Counter ( 8 )
||Contact, TTL Voltage or up to 24VDC
||10ms, 1ms, 100us, NONE
||Desktop, Velcro, Flange, DIN Rail
Pricing, ADU218 USB Relay I/O Interface
( Includes 10' USB cable )
|ADU218 QTY 5-9
|ADU218 QTY 10+
IMPORTANT: Specify mounting option when ordering.
Options include the following; DESKTOP (Standard ) -VELCRO, -FLANGE or DIN .
Mounting Options for details.
Example 1: ADU200-DINExample
: 2 ADU218-FLANGE
ADU products do not ship with drivers on floppy or CD-ROM. Drivers,
including complete SDK can be downloaded or viewed on-line in the
Pricing indicated is for ADU218 USB interface in enclosure and
includes rubber feet for desktop use. Contact Ontrak for available options.
Back to Products Page