ADU72 USB to Current Input ( 4-20mA, 0-20mA Receiver )
ADU71 USB to Current Output Interface (
4-20mA, 0-20mA Transmitter )
The ADU71 USB to Current Output Interface (
Transmitter ) is a USB bus powered current loop source for driving 4-20mA
or 0-20mA input devices. The ADU71 can also be used with external resistors to
provide 1-5VDC, 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC signals for variable frequency drives, valves etc. The ADU71 internally generated 24VDC loop supply eliminates the need for an external loop power supply. This low-cost USB to Current Output Interface is easy to use with VB, and Visual C++ or .NET via standard HID drivers included with Windows 98,2000,XP,7,8. A mini-driver ( DLL )* is also provided allowing control using standard ASCII commands using familiar readfile , writefile commands. The ADU71 includes a 10' USB cable and is available in a flange mount enclosure with a DIN rail mount option.
Click here to view sample connection
Click to view the ADU71
Download ADU71 User
Manual ( 900K )
* View AduHid.dll on-line software develoment kit ( SDK ) on
our Programming page.
Key Benefits, ADU71 USB to Current Output
Interface ( 4-20mA, 0-20mA Transmitter)
- Provides a standard powered current loop output of 4-20mA or 0-20mA.
- Drives 4-20mA, 0-20mA devices or 1-5VDC, 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC inputs
using external resistors.
- Ideal for controlling variable frequency drives ( VFD ), valves etc.
- Internal isolated 24VDC supply derived from USB bus. No need for
external loop power supply.
- Programmable slew rate from 1ms to 10 seconds.
- Programmable host watchdog function.
- Loop error detection.
- Over temperature detection
- 2500V Isolation to loop.
- Bus Powered
- High retention USB Connector
- CE Marked
- Bi-colour LED status indicator.
- High quality cage-clamp type terminal blocks.
- Uses standard HID drivers included with Windows 98SE,2000,XP,7,8
32-bit or 64-bit
- Mini-driver ( DLL ) provided for use with VB,VC,
.NET, LabVIEW and
TestPoint and others. See Programming Page
- Meets IEC61000-4-2 ESD protection for USB port.
- Available in flange ( standard ) or DIN rail
ADU71 USB to Current Output Interface ( 4-20mA, 0-20mA Transmitter)
||NONE ( Bus Powered )
|USB Supply Current ( Loop
USB Supply Current ( 20mA Loop Current )
|65mA Typical 75mA Max
180mA Typical 200mA Max
||-25C Min to 85C Max
|Current Loop Output
||4-20mA or 0-20mA, programmable
|Total Unadjusted Error
||-0.3%FSR MIN +0.3%FSR MAX
|Full Scale Error
||-0.2%FSR MIN +0.2% FSR MAX
||+/- 16 ppm FSR/Degree C
||1ms to 10s Programmable
|Loop Compliance Voltage
|Internal Loop Power Supply
||Internal 24VDC supply eliminates need for
external loop power supply.
||Flange Mount ( STANDARD ) , DIN Rail
Pricing, ADU71 USB to Current Output
Interface ( 0-20mA, 4-20mA Transmitter)
( Includes 10' USB cable )
|ADU71 QTY 5-9
|ADU71 QTY 10+
IMPORTANT: Specify mounting option when ordering. -FLANGE
( standard ) or
-DIN . See
Options for details.
For example: ADU71-FLANGE
ADU products do not ship with drivers on floppy or CD-ROM. Drivers,
including complete SDK can be downloaded or viewed on-line in the
Pricing indicated is for ADU71 USB interface with
flange mount enclosure, printed user manual, and a 10' USB cable.
Back to Products Page